follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 16, 2008

    Pirate wine

    Question:
    Dear Captain,

    I usually drink rum but would like to start drinking wine with meals. What wine goes best with salt cod and hardtack? And no jokes about a pirate's favorite wine being, "Me gun powder's wet and I can't fire me cannons!"

    Hugs,

    Mrs. Jane Smith

    Answer:
    Ahoy Mrs. Smith!

    I don't know much about wine, so I contacted me good friend Gary Vaynerchuk, host of Wine Library TV. Gary suggests the Denner Theresa 2006 or the Magellan Grenache Roussanne Vieilles Vignes 2006.

    The description of the Magellan (which be a fine name for a ship, too) also describes me: Rich, decadent and distinctive, with a finish of smoke, usually from me cannons.

    Happy sailing and don't let the bilge rats bite,

    Cap'n Billy the Butcher


    No comments: