follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, May 10, 2008

    Pirate taxis?

    Ahoy matey!

    Listen to this, me hearty:
    "There are at least 20000 illegal taxis operating without licences in the Eastern Cape, something the government‘s ambitious Taxi Recapitalisation Programme has failed to address. In Nelson Mandela Bay alone, about 4000 'pirates' are thought to be in operation. (read story)

    What a great idea! Pick up passengers and don't let 'em out until they give you all their treasure! I wonder if the pirate taxis are black with a white skill & cross bones painted on their hood. Or, better yet, a mast with the Jolly Roger flying, just like me pirate mini-van. If I ever stop being a pirate captain, maybe I'll become a pirate taxi driver.

    Happy sailing and don't let the bilge rats bite,

    Cap'n
    Billy "The Butcher" MacDougall
    Author, Guide to Pirate Parenting

    No comments: