follow me on Twitter

    Monday, April 28, 2008

    Snidely Whiplash Parenting?

    Question:

    Hello Cap'n,

    Since ye have a book about pirate parenting, are ye interested in other parenting books by other morally challenged evil-doers and ne'er-do-wells? Me, for example, or maybe Politician Parenting? Ye've opened up a whole new genre in parenting books!

    Signed,

    Snidely Whiplash

    Answer:
    Ahoy, Mr. Whiplash!

    When I was a wee lad, I carefully considered me career choices. There were so many morally-challenged evil-doer occupations from which to pick. Would I be a ninja? Imperial storm trooper? Bank robber? You? Freddy Krueger? Used-car salesman? Corporate CEO? Lawyer? I kept hearing the sea call me name. I realized that all other evil-doers pale in comparison to pirates. So, no, I'm not interested in books by other ne'er-do-wells. Why take a step backwards? It's the pirate life for me, and kids everywhere, if they be smart.
    Happy sailing, and don't let the bilge rats bite,
    Cap'n Billy "The Butcher" MacDougall
    Author, Guide to Pirate Parenting

    No comments: